Games and apps are an important part of customer interaction. What you add to the Shell will be available to your clients by default, everything else will no longer be able to be regulated by the rules and run with gaming center accounts.
How to Add a Game to the Shell
1. Press ctrl+ alt+p, enter your High-access password (pasw0rd by default) and click Edit Shell.
2. From the left menu, go to the Games (Joystick icon).
3. To add a new app card, click the + App button on the right side.
How to Fill Out a Game Card
1. Enter the name of the app. From 2 to 50 Unicode characters.
2. Enter the path to launch the app. When you click on the folder icon, you can manually scroll the startup path using File Explorer. If you have, use additional fields. SmartShell will use the path that it finds on this computer.
3. (If necessary) Fill in the command line arguments.
4. Add the game cover. The image size is 600x900 pixels.
5. Click Save.
How to Get Back to the Client View
In the left menu, select the multitasking icon and it will disable the editing mode.
Gaming centers have a practice of distributing accounts with games for customers. In order to automate this process, you can create groups of accounts.
How to Add a Licenses Pool
- To do this, go to the admin panel with manager rights.
- Go to the Licenses Pool tab.
- To create a new group, click Create License Pool.
- In the modal window that opens, fill in:
- Title (from 3 to 24 characters).
- Game platform.
After clicking the Create button, we will get a group in the general list, and you can start adding game accounts directly inside this group.
How to Add Licenses
In the created group, you can add accounts that will be issued to the client when the game starts.
To do this, click on Add a License, another one will open in which you need to fill in the username and password for the required account.
Ready! You already have a group with gaming center accounts, but this is not enough to work with.
How to link a Licenses Pool to a game or app
- Go to shell editing mode or to the content card in the admin panel on the Apps tab.
- In the Licenses Pool section, select the appropriate group to launch.
You can read more about working with licenses at this link.
How to set up free access to a game or app
You can provide free access to some games or apps. For example, mouse or headset settings so that clients can customize their devices without wasting session time. Customers who have registered and logged into the PC will be able to run these apps without a purchased pass, while the PC is not used.
Customers will have time from turning on the PC to purchase the pass or end the session during downtime, if you have it configured. With a valid pass, these apps will also run.
1. Go to the shell editing mode or to the content card in the Applications tab.
2. Enable the Run without session setting in the Advanced section.
Preparing the Shell for customer use is done, let's add the goods?